World Cultural Heritage Conventions
As part of ECHO's dedication to disseminating information regarding the protection of Egypt's world cultural heritage, downloadable PDF versions of many of the conventions designed to safeguard cultural heritage are made available here in Arabic. There are also links to the websites of UNESCO and ICOMOS where versions of these conventions are available in English, Spanish, French, German and several other languages.
World Cultural Heritage Conventions available in Arabic:
- The 1954 Hague UNESCO Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict.
- The 1970 Paris UNESCO Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property.
- The 1972 Paris UNESCO Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
- The 1995 Rome UNIDROIT Convention on the International Return of Stolen or Illegally Exported Cultural Objects.
- The 2001 Paris UNESCO Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage, Paris 2002.
- The 2001 Paris UNESCO Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity
- The 2003 Paris UNESCO Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage
Unfortunately, the following documents are currently available in English only: